RFS BARBELL CLUB PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Real Fitness Sarasota was one of the first CrossFit gyms in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, and now we are proud to be one of the first CrossFit gyms to offer our members and the community the RFS Barbell Club: a registered USA Weightlifting club. The RFS Barbell Club’s weightlifting program specializes in efficiency of the barbell movement and a comprehensive understanding and development of the Olympic lifts: Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Athletes of all ages and levels are welcome. Our program is designed to improve technique, explosiveness, strength and conditioning.
Weightlifting isn’t meant to replace CrossFit. The skills we learn in barbell club cross over into our CrossFit training because OLY lifting builds strength and improves our overall fitness. For this reason, we offer a CrossFit-Weightlifting Hybrid program, which offers programming to be completed during the strength component of the WOD.
Memberships at RFS Barbell Club includes:
- OLY programming designed to hone the technique of the Snatch and Clean & Jerk
- Personal feedback from coaches
- Family plan discount: first member is full price, each additional member receives 30% discount on any plan
- 10% discount on memberships for all military, LEO, firefighters, students, and teachers.
RFS BARBELL CLUB MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Fundamentals Workshop Series: This “on-ramp” class is designed for the beginner weightlifter and/or anyone wanting to learning and perform the Olympic lifts. This series of 8 classes will meet twice a week for 4 weeks in an individual or small-group environment to ensure proper progressions for performing the Snatch and Clean & Jerk.
RFS “Hybrid” Program*: This program targets the CrossFit athlete looking to improve their lift or who would like to focus on Olympic weightlifting as part of their overall fitness regimen. Weightlifters in our Hybrid Program receive a program structured as 20-30/min a day for three (3) day per week. This program is designed to improve technique and proficiency with the Snatch and Clean & Jerk.
RFS Barbell Weightlifting Program/Team*: For the athlete focused on specializing in training and improving the Olympic lifts: Snatch and Clean & Jerk. This program mimics a full-time weightlifting program and has six sessions per week with three tiers of performance.
Barbell training programs are provided for the Developmental, Intermediate, and/or Team athlete, depending on the individual’s experience. This level of training will have an overall focus, but will include tailored exercises/tasks for individuals based on their weaknesses or points of focus! Youth and Masters programming is available.
Though the RFS Barbell Club allows members to workout at the time most convenient to your schedule, we encourage athletes who participate in the Hybrid Program and the Barbell Weightlifting Program to train during “Team” hours of M, T, W, F 3:30-6:30pm, Sat. 9-11am. We also encourage you to compete in local or regional weightlifting meets to test developing skills.
*Personal training sessions or graduation from the weightlifting Fundamentals Workshop Series may be required.
RFS BARBELL CLUB PRICING STRUCTURE
Fundamentals Workshop Series
- $160 (Paid upfront)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30-7:30pm. Appointments must be scheduled in advance!
“Hybrid” Weightlifting Program*
- $85 Billed on 1st of month
- To be completed during Strength/Skill of M,W,F WODs.
RFS Barbell Weightlifting Program/Team*
- $145; 6 mo. agreement; billed on 1st of month
- RFS CrossFit members receive a 25% discount (6 mo. agreement; billed on 1st of month; $109)
- Unlimited access to training hall
- Scheduled coaching hours
- 10-Class Punch Card: $150.00 | Valid during staffed hours only
- Personal Training: $80.00/hr. | Package rates available
- Remote Coaching Available
- Drop-ins: $15.00
RFS BARBELL CLUB HOURS
OPEN GYM 5a-8p
Staffed Coaching Hours for RFS Barbell Weightlifting & Hybrid Programs
- Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri: 3:30-6:30pm
- Saturday: 9-11am (Hybrid must pay drop-in)
- Sunday: 10:15-11:30 Track Sprint Conditioning / Power Output Training
Fundamentals Workshop Schedule:
Tues & Thurs 6:30-7:30pm (by appt only)
- Week 1, Day 1 – PVC Snatch
- Week 1, Day 2 – Snatch
- Week 2, Day 1 – PVC Clean
- Week 2, Day 2 – Clean
- Week 3, Day 1 – PVC Jerk
- Week 3, Day 2 – Jerk
- Week 4, Day 1 – Snatch and accessory work
- Week 4, Day 2 – C&J and accessory work